Monday 2 January 2012

Christine and Jeremy's Christmas Wedding

Here is a small selection of wedding photographs of Christine and Jeremy's Christmas wedding at the very exclusive wedding venue Horsted Place Hotel, near Uckfield, West Sussex.  I was honoured to be booked for this wedding as Christine is an excellent reportage wedding photographer with many years of experience, so I was really pleased she chose me to photograph her big day.


Being in the wedding industry, Christine paid great attention to detail and she told me that planning her wedding had taken over her life for the last few months!  She chose Hot Pink Peony  as her florist, who created some lovely Christmas-themed displays.  Louise Large did a magnificent job with the bridal make-up, using an airbrushing technique for the foundation that I have never seen used before.  Pianist Charlie Myers kept the wedding guests entertained with his excellent and wide-ranging repertoire.  Like all great musicians, he made it so look easy - even though anyone who has tinkled the ivories will tell you, it is anything but easy!


Photography for winter weddings is always difficult when they are late in the day, due to the lack of light.  The wedding ceremony started at 3.30pm and with sunset at around 4pm, I didn't have much light to play with and as the bride was a professional wedding photographer, the pressure was really on!  It was a windy and rainy day day, so the overcast sky minimised any light coming through the windows too.  Despite this, I still managed to take lots of photos by available light to give them a really natural feel and when I did have to resort to using flash, I used it in a sympathetic and creative way.  What really made this set of photos was the big beaming smile was ever-present on Christine's face.  Her happiness really shone through in the photos and it was lovely to be part of her and Jeremy's big day.


















N.B. This blog covers just the wedding and portrait side of my business.  Please see my Commercial / PR Photography Blog for up-to-date news about the PR, commercial, corporate editorial, architectural and aerial photography and videography side of my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment