Sunday 15 January 2012

Bron & Rob's Wedding

On the day before New Year's Eve, I photographed my most local wedding for a lovely couple who live on the other side of the world.  


While the bride and groom Bron and Rob live in Australia, they decided to leave the Ozzy sunshine behind and come over to the cold and wet winter in the UK to Rob's home village of Stoney Stanton (which is where I live) in Leicestershire to get married in St.Michael's Church.


It poured with rain all day, but that didn't stop Bron and Rob having a good time as they just enjoyed themselves indoors rather than outdoors.  In fact the rain enabled me to take one of my favourite photos of the day, which was a shot of Bron inside the wedding car as she arrived at the church, shot from the outside, showing a rain-splattered window and a reflection of the bridesmaids smiling at Bron while keeping dry under a big colourful umbrella.


Trevor the vicar lead a superb service and he was really helpful to me as he let me stand next to the alter to take photos discretely (and without flash of course) throughout the wedding ceremony.  Some vicars and registrars don't allow photography during the ceremony, so I am very grateful to him for this.


After the wedding ceremony, we had a very brief photo shoot in front of the church.  The big colourful umbrella came in handy again!  Then it was off to the fabulous Leicestershire wedding venue Ullesthorpe Court Hotel in Ullesthorpe, near Broughton Astley for a drinks reception and wedding breakfast.  I was able to take lost of reportage wedding photos during this time of Rob and Bron and their guests.  there were lots of smiles so they were clearly enjoying themselves.


Rob and Bron went away on honeymoon and then returned to Australia to have an Ozzy wedding blessing yesterday for their friends and family on that side of the world who couldn't make it over here.  I hope the day went well for them.  I doubt they will have had to use the colourful umbrella yesterday - unless they used it as a parasol!






























N.B. This blog covers just the wedding and portrait side of my business.  Please see my Commercial / PR Photography Blog for up-to-date news about the PR, commercial, corporate editorial, architectural and aerial photography and videography side of my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment