Wednesday 13 July 2011

A Great Reason to Turn Down Lots of Weddings in July!

This time of year is the peak season for wedding photographers, but this year I don't have any weddings this July.  This is the first time for many years that I haven't photographed a single wedding in July, but before you think this is because couples have not wanted to book me, it is not!  My partner Joanne and I were expecting our first baby in mid-July, so as I couldn't run the risk of having to leave half-way through a wedding to rush to the hospital, I had to turn down lots of weddings in July and early August.  This was frustrating for me and disappointing for the many wedding couples who wanted to book me, but I can't think of a better reason to turn the weddings down.


As it happens, I now could have taken on all the weddings in July and August as our gorgeous little baby daughter Sarah decided to arrive six weeks early!  We weren't prepared at all as we hadn't packed a bag and our ante-natal classes were due to start that weekend.  As Sarah was so premature, she spent the first three weeks and two days of her life in the Special Care Baby Unit of the George Eliot Hospital in Nuneaton, where all the staff looked after her (and us!) so well.  We are grateful for all they have done for us.  Sarah is home now and doing well.  


Here are a few photos to show what I have been photographing in the last few weeks instead of photographing weddings:















No comments:

Post a Comment